Re: Register Groups (again)

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 07:48:22PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> See: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2001-02/msg00268.html for the
> origins of this idea.
>

> I'd like to propose a new object ``struct reggroup'' and a number of
> methods:

Hmm, it seems more intuitive to me to have attributes for each
register.  Float, vector, system for the register's class or group, and
then we could have other not necessarily mutually exclusive flags.
Like, available in kernel or user mode.

Just a thought though.

> - how it relates to frames
>
> It currently assumes that the register groups are identical between
> frames :-/

With an attribute scheme, once we know which registers are present in a
frame we'd know which (say) float registers are present in that
frame...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz