Re: Can't build m68k-linux gdb-5.2.1

I'm trying to build a gdb for m68k-linux, configured as:

All the missing references are in gdb/m68klinux-nat.c, so I'd assume
this is supposed to be built, but isn't for --target=m68k-linux.  Does
anyone have any idea how I can get it to be built?

Looks like for the moment you'll need to use m68k-elf.

The file m68klinux-nat.c should only contain stuff for a native build (eg ptrace interface). The OS dependant, but not specific to native, is typically put in a file like m68k-linux-tdep.c. cf m68knbsd-tdep.c. Patches against mainline welcome (do you have an FSF assignment?).

1) I can use m68k-elf for now.
2) I'm still working the legal department to come up with an
   assignment to cover changes for gdb.

Would you be able to create abug report to track this:
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/bugs/

Shold the bug be that m68k-linux should not build on a machine that is
*not* m68k-linux, or that it should build for m68k-linux only if
CC is a cross-compiler?
A m68k-linux-gnu targeted GDB should build on any UNIX like host.

While I'm at it, how do I configure(and build) a gdbserver to run on
m68k-linux that's built on an x86-linux machine?

All help is appreciated.

You'll need to config/compile it using a cross compiler (m68k-linux-gnu-gcc say).

Do you have a configure command line to suggest?
I think DanielJ covered this (However, we desperatly need doco explaining the procedure :-/).

Andrew