Re: Issue an internal warning on first deprecated function call

> > What's wrong with making users scared?

It's wrong because GDB users cannot do anything about the problem, and
the message's language seems to imply it's a potentially very grave
problem (which it isn't).

It's not a grave problem? Please explain.
Eli's right here. The warning would be to strong.

internal-error and internal-warning refer to GDB detecting an errenous internal state. Error for non-recoverable, warning for recoverable.

Unless some action is taken, the long term prognosis doesn't look good. However, short term, GDB could just as easily die due to a SIGSEG.

> What if there are no port maintainers?

Then the head maintainer gets the honor.

Like the parisc port?
Yep. I get to ``fix'' the problem.

I just checked in a change to MAINTAINERS file so that it recommends hppa-elf as the target to try building. This new target doesn't include som support (unlike hppa natives) and so makes the multi-arch task just that bit more feasible :-)

enjoy,
Andrew