Re: RFC: Two small remote protocol extensions

I think it is passed down when schedule locking and when doing a thread hop.

?  I don't believe so, but I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

See resume(). A ``thread hop'' refers to the problem of needing to single step one thread past its breakpoint while not letting any other thread slip through while that break point is pulled.

if ((step || singlestep_breakpoints_inserted_p) &&
!breakpoints_inserted && breakpoint_here_p (read_pc ()))
{
/* Stepping past a breakpoint without inserting breakpoints.
Make sure only the current thread gets to step, so that
other threads don't sneak past breakpoints while they are
not inserted. */

resume_ptid = inferior_ptid;
}

Andrew