Re: Question about TCP/IP stubs, gdb-5.2.1

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 08:28:09AM -0700, Robert Bedichek wrote:

> The only TCP/IP stub I found was for Wince.  I need one for Linux.  Does
> anyone have a pointer to a stub, the thing that runs on the target, or the
> machine being debugged, that is closer to what I need than the Wince stub
> included in 5.2.1?  (The architecture is x86)

Are you talking about application level debugging?  If so, you want
gdbserver, which is included in the GDB release.  If you're talking
about kernel level debugging, then TCP/IP is generally considered
impractical from an interrupt context.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz