Re: Shared library problems

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:01:59PM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> > Kevin,
> >
> > > Which version of gdb are you using?  Which host and target?
> >
> > Acording to the package id I am using 5.0-148. gdb produces the following
> > output.
> >
> > -> gdb -v
> > GNU gdb 20010316
> >
> > This is on Linux running on Intel IA32.
>
> Try a more recent version:
>   http://sources.redhat.com/gdb
>
> That one's pretty old.  And we have no idea what your distributor did
> with the 148 revisions of it...

Daniel,

I downloaded the latest source and built the 5.2.1 version but I end up with
the same symptom.

i.e. start gdb within the proper environment and try to run the app from there
I end up with the problem that the app cannot find the shared libraries.
Displaying LD_LIBRARY_PATH in gdb (show env LD_LIBRARY_PATH) shows that the
path to the library that cannot be found is on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

However, when I start the app and then attach I can actually see the function
names and where in the code I am. This is certainly an improvement over the
earlier version.

Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
(Robert.Schweikert@hks.com)                   LINUX