Re: Remote Debugging Of Multithreaded Application

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 02:22:42PM -0700, Usman S. Ansari wrote:
> I am trying to setup so that I can debug multithreaded application running on PPC 8xx and use gdb
> on Intel (i686, Redhat 7.2).
>
> I have seen fes post, which talks about the patches and multithreaded support from past few
> months. I have tried them but it does not work for me.
>
> gdbserver is started on 8xx and I connect remotly. Break point of main is executed than any
> following  break point is not hit, since it gets realtime signal 32, or sigtrace or something like
> this. If I try this locally, running gdb on 8xx, everything is fine.
>
> Please help me out. I have tried cvs version from 9/24. Configure and compile on 8xx. Get the same
> result.
>
> What do I need to do ?

If you searched the archives, you probably also saw my checklist.  Do
you:
  have /lib/libthread_db.so.1 on the 8xx
  have the target filesystem layout available on the host
  have solib-absolute-prefix set to point to the target libraries,
before you connect

--
Daniel Jacobowitz