displaying source files during debugging.

Hi,

We are trying to debug program with gdb for a
m68k target. We are compiling the source files
in two executable:
  - the first in aout format.
  - the second in srecord format (with objcopy).
The second is download on the target and the first
is giving to gdb in order to reach the symbol table.
Our problem is that this configuration don't allow
us to display source files during debugging.
We tried to specifie the source files directorie
with the dir command but with no success.

This problem occurs only during cross debugging (when
we try to debug a program localy with gdb, there is no
problems to reach source files).

Does any gdb option exist to reach source files during
cross debugging?

Maybe the aout format given to gdb don't include enough
information about source files (it maybe should be better
with the coff or elf format)?

Thanks and regards

Pascal & FX
ENSSAT students