Re: displaying source files during debugging.

Hi,

We are trying to debug program with gdb for a
m68k target. We are compiling the source files
in two executable: - the first in aout format. - the second in srecord format (with objcopy).
The second is download on the target and the first
is giving to gdb in order to reach the symbol table.
Our problem is that this configuration don't allow
us to display source files during debugging.
We tried to specifie the source files directorie
with the dir command but with no success.
Off the top of my head:

Is the original code compiled with -g?
Which C compiler? The problem may be that GDB doesn't recognize the debug info being generated by the compiler.
Is gdb reporting ``no symbol information found''.

Andrew