Re: GNATS: gdb-prs@ -> gdb@?

See gdb/1.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 06:51:30PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

Hello,

Anyone know something about GNATS?

I think I know why the ``send email to interested parties'' URL on the GDB's GNATS web page contains:

nobody@
The e-mail address of things like ``Responsible: unassigned'' get mapped onto nobody@ because they can't be mapped onto nothing (That gets remapped to unassigned@. True?). Same for a few others. I think we can live with this one.

gdb-prs@
The contact address for the ``net'' and ``unknown'' customers is gdb-prs@!

What do people think of changing this? For instance, just setting it to gdb@ or nobody@ (like most other things).

nobody@ would be preferable to gdb@, I think...
Nope. It is where GNAT's sends those useful CR changed messages. I just did a number of changes to gdb/1 (with it set to nobody) and nobody was informed of the changes (except myself and cgf).

I also don't remember the rationale behind gdb-gnats@ (where to send a bug report) vs gdb-prs@ (where the bug reports appear). I suspect that it is to stop people accidently re-sending to gdb-gnats?

Isn't gdb-gnats input into the gnats DB, and gdb-prs output from it?
gdb-gnats is input, yes. gdb-prs is:

# Any line which begins with a `#' is considered a comment, and GNATS
# will ignore it.
#
# Each entry has the format:
#
# submitter:full submitter name:type:response-time:contact:notify-others
#
# * submitter: The name of the site, customer, etc., sending the
# report in.
# * full submitter name: The description, like `Foo Widgets Inc.'.
# * submitter type: Can be contract type, level of expertise, etc.
# * response time: If configured with `NOTIFY' set to `TRUE', GNATS
# will use this field to schedule when at_pr should notify the
# gnats-admin and gnats-manager that the PR wasn't analyzed
# within the agreed response time.
# * contact: Principal contact for the submitter.
# * notify: Others who should be Cc'd on any PRs coming from
# this submitter.
#
#
#net:Net Users:net:-1:gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com:
net:Net Users:net:-1:nobody:

(ok that's an old copy of the file). It's a shame that there isn't a BCC field.....

Still confused.

Andrew