Re: the global symbol table

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 01:02:47PM -0700, David Carlton wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:52:20 -0400, Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@redhat.com> said:
>
> > I wonder if rewriting the symbol table is really necessary in order
> > to provide namespace support.
>
> Now I'm starting to wonder if it's a good idea, too: I just noticed
> 'block_found', which throws a monkey wrench into some of my ideas.
> Sigh.  Maybe it really would be wisest to get namespace support
> working first.
>
> While trying to understand lookup_symbol_aux, I've cleaned it up a bit
> (in order to eliminate duplicate code, etc.); I'll probably submit
> patches for those, since I think they'll make it easier to maintain
> the function in the future.  But, for now, I'll hold off on any more
> serious changes.

I have the feeling that rewriting the symbol table support might be
better done _after_ we have some namespace working...

I'm making a little bit of progress but I haven't had much time lately.
First I need to do a lot of output cleanup so that I can test changes
properly; that'll be dribbling in over the next month I hope.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz