Warning messages on startup

Hi,

I am new to the gdb world and your help would be much
appreciated.

I am concerened about the following warning messages
on startup:

-----
warning: exec file is newer than core file.

warning: unknown architecture file may be incompatible
with i386 target.

[..snip]

warning: Source file is more recent than executable.
-----

I believe the first warning is because I copied over
the executable which gave it a new timestamp. I have
no idea about the second one which I most concerened
about.

Thanks in advance.

Gimm