gdb Vs gdbserver

My multithreaded application has about 12 - 13 threads. One of the thread wakes up every 100
millisecond, does its thing and than wait for next 100 millisecond interval.

If I ran this under gdb, and put break point in 100 millisecond thread, control returns to gdb,
every time this thread is invoked. However, under gdbserver & gdb combination, only one time break
point is hit.

I am setting solib-absolute-prefix option and otherwise multithread debugging under gdbserver is
fine.

My target is 8xx and host is i386 (Redhat 7.2)

any ideas.

Thanks
Please reply all.