Re: Problems with gdb on Sun Blade 1000

On 10 Oct 2002, Jim Blandy wrote:

> Those symptoms don't look familiar to me.  There may no be
> any way to fix the problem other than actually sitting down
> at the right kind of machine and debugging GDB.  I don't know
> of any other Blade users on this list (not that I've asked),
> so you may be the logical one to pursue it.

I can try, but I'll need somebody who's familliar with the code
to help me out.  I'm recompiling 5.2.1 with Sun's cc right now,
so soon I should have a gdb I can run dbx on.  (Is Sun's cc
supposed to understand gcc's debug symbols... dbx doesn't seem to
like anything compiled with gdb).

I'm not very familliar with dbx.  What "breakpoint" do I want to
set in order to debug gdb?

Thanks.

-Jay