Re: current namespace game plan

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:09:28 -0400, Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@redhat.com> said:

Could you start writing some test files with these examples? Even if
the tests are not passing, I find it is really useful while working on
something, to monitor my own progress. You could put these tests on
the branch(es), so that anybody can look at them. Or we could even add
them to mainline with KFAILs.

Good idea.  I've added some tests to namespace.exp in
carlton_dictionary-branch that demonstrate the cases that that branch
is currently handling more-or-less correctly.  (Which, right now, is
anonymous namespaces and functions defined in a namespace, though
it doesn't handle either case _quite_ correctly yet.)

But I like your idea of adding a whole bunch of tests, even including
ones that I know won't be handled correctly, and marking them to fail.
I'll do that next.
This is also why KFAIL was added. It was the political compromise that would allow us to add functional tests to a regression testsuite (you can't add tests that knowingly fail to a regression testsuite since a regression testsuite can only test functionality that works).

Andrew