Re: Remote Serial Protocoal - Data packet length

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, David Mc Kenna wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> One or two quick questions about the remote serial protocol:
>
> Is there a max length for the data-packet? If so what is it?
> Also if I transmit:
>          $m0,44#XX
> what format does the reply take?
>
> At present for the above command I am getting an error reporting that the remote
> packet length is too long. It is okay as long as the # of bytes to be transmitted
> back less than 44.

Minimally supported data length is 400, there was a bug in older versions
which limited overall packet lenghth to 400, but it seems like it is
was fixed sometimes ago. If you architecture needs more than 400 bytes
to dump registers then length will be bumped up.

It seems to me that you have configuration problem.

> Any help is appreciated,
> Dave McKenna
> --
> http://www.iol.ie