Re: PR 207, 662

Which GDB? Have you tried a snap from the latest branch (ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/)?

Andrew

GDB has been unusable on SGI IRIX 6.5 for some time now. The only useful
information given by gdb is the following:

warning: Signal ? does not exist on this system.

But I know from attempts to debug that the hang is not immediately located
around that. Not knowing how gdb works, I could only get so far in
attempting to debug this. This hang occurs on any program I've attempted to
debug, not just the reported Python binary.

Is there anyone with any more information on this or some ability to solve
this?

Thank you,

Jonathan Smith
--