Re: compatibility between gdb and stub

On 2002-11-20, Kevin Buettner wrote :

> As I understand it, if a stub replies with a short "g" packet, then
> gdb will simply regard the missing registers as being unavailable.

Let's take the example of the 750, with a stub not aware of fpscr.

They are many registers after fpscr (the first of them is sr0).
With this scheme, when the stub sends back the answer to a 'g' packet,
gdb will consider that the content of fpscr is the content of sr0, and that
thrm3 (the last register) is not available.

This is clumsy, but the 'qRegisters' packet should improve this behaviour :-)

--
Romain