RE: gdb and Dll

> >Before I learn how to build it myself, could you send me the gdb.exe
> >containing those patches so that I can try that version?
>
> Actually, no, I'd rather not get into the business of sending private
> binaries.  I see a tech support scenario developing in that situation.
> I build binaries for myself.  I don't want to be in a situation of
> answering questions about my personal versions of gdb.

I see your point, sorry for bothering you. It was just meant to test if
it would solve the problems or if there is something else broken in my
configuration on win xp.

> Building a new version of gdb is not that hard.  I urge you to try it.

Ok, I tried to build the insight version exactly as outlined in

http://sources.redhat.com/insight/cygwin.html

I used the gdb_5_2-branch. And configure, make, make install in the
cygwin bash shell.

There were errors in src/tk/win/rc some of the cursors were broken (for
instance cursor5e.cur). I just copied other cursors of it to continue
compiling.

There were errors in src/gdb/ with the yacc-files p-exp.y, m2-exp.y,
f-exp.y, c-exp.y about missing ";". After inserting them i could build
and install it to cywin/usr/local/. When start any of the executables I
get an error that the application could not be initialized (0xc0000022).

This is sort of frustrating.

I tried the same thing without passing a branch to the cvs co command
with the same results except the errors with *-exp.y did not happen.

What do I miss?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Greetings
Heiko