Re: add-symbol-file parsing

Mostly as a workaround for this...

Which would you prefer - changing add-symbol-file or a more general
eval command?  What would you think natural to evaluate - just
convenience variables?  Parsing expressions out of such a thing is hard
in the general case.  Hmm... we could allow (EXPR), i.e. require the
parentheses.

Honestly, rather than adding an eval command, I'd prefer to see $var
and (EXPR) accepted _everywhere_ the CLI looks for an integer.  Some
unified functions to parse command lines is all it would take.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz