Re: Gdbserver Threading Issues

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 17:09, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > The log with remote debugging turned on is attached..
>
> So: what are you doing in GDB to get this log; what is happening; what
> do you expect to happen?  I don't see an obvious problem.

Same thing as what I explained in my intial post.

The test app starts up and spawns some arbitrary number of threads,
which in turn sleep for a bit and then return.. in this case, 2 threads.

When running this test app under gdbserver, the only thread being
reported to gdb is the manager thread.. (ie, [New thread x (LWP y)]).

Because of this, I can't do 'info threads' and see anything other then
the manager thread .. and thus can't really do any thread-specific
debugging.

If I run natively, this isn't an issue.

If I insert a breakpoint in the function being run by the threads, then
everything comes up fine. Then I can break after the threads are created
and do per-thread debugging without any issues.. but only if I place a
breakpoint there.

If this isn't clear enough, I can toss together a brief log of what I'm
doing.

Regards,

--
Paul Mundt <paul.mundt@timesys.com>