Re: Processing of convenience variables for scripts ...

Daniel Jacobowitz writes:
 > > add-symbol-file takes a file name as the first argument and
 > > you can't store strings (of any kind) in convenience variables.
 > >
 > > I haven't checked FSF sources in the last few months,
 > > maybe things have improved.  If so great.  If not, how would this work?
 >
 > This is true.  One problem at a time - numbers first.  I have some
 > ideas, but I won't have a chance to work on this until next weekend.

Well, ...

If one is going to do a redesign of things one should at least
think about all the known issues before doing any coding.
[I'm sure there's no news there.]

Do we at least know how we're going to handle strings,
and what compatibleness with existing usage we're going to break?

btw, while doing a redesign of the cli is laudable,
the more I work with gdb's command structure the more I like its simplicity.
I wouldn't mind regularizing the syntax of arguments such
that one can know one can always use buildargv (or some such).
And providing an sscanf-like routine that *_command fns can call
would also be useful.  Beyond that I dunno ....