RE: 64-bit debug on Solaris

It turns out that a test program compiled on Solaris 8 will debug successfully
even when run on a Solaris 7 platform.  A test program compiled on Solaris 7
(in 64-bit mode) will fail even when executed on a Solaris 8 platform.  The
gdb result (also built in 64 bit mode on the correct platform - Solaris 7 or
Solaris 8) is as follows

gdb testit
break testit.c:43

Breakpoint 1 at 0x938: file testit.c, line 43

run

Starting program: testit
Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
Error accessing memory address 0x938: I/O error.
The same program may be running in another process.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net