Re: GDB build fails on DEC OSF V5.1a but not OSF V4.0f

Joel Brobecker wrote:

> > When built on DEC OSF V5.1A, gdb gets a seg fault.  When built on DEC
> > OSF 4.0f it runs correctly.  When copied from the DEC OSF V4.0f to the
> > DEC OSF V5.1A platform, gdb runs successfully.
>
> It would be more helpful if you could send more details about your
> problem. For instance, which version of GDB did you build? Using which
> compiler? A simple program that we could use to reproduce your problem
> is also helpful. I just rebuilt 5.3 on Tru64 5.1A using GCC, and got the
> usual results from the testsuite.
>
> --
> Joel

gcc-3.2.1 with a basic hellow world (though any test program works the
same

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  printf("hellow world\n");
 /* A a number of prints here  */
#ifdef __dec
  printf("__dec is defined\n");
#else
  printf("__dec is NOT defined\n");
#endif
/* Put in a bunch of variable defined tests as above */

.
.
.

}

That is all

compile with

gcc -g testit.c -o testit

gdb testit

I did not run the test suite (gmake check) on the gdb installation.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water.

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz
sabbahem@bcpl.net, Sabba.Hillel@verizon.net