Re: gdb 5.3 (& earlier): Crash with mixed debug formats

Hello.

Richard Dawe wrote:
> I discovered recently that the DJGPP port of gdb crashes, when you have a
> mix stabs+ and DWARF-2 debug information and try to tab-complete a function
> name.
[snip]

Andris Pavenis, one of the DJGPP developers, reported just now in a message
entitled "GDB-5.3 for DJGPP" on the djgpp-workers mailing list (see
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/mail-archives/ ) that:

"I had one problem with using GDB-5.3 prereleases built for DJGPP. The reason
is errorous line info generated by gcc (at least 3.1, 3.2, 3.2.1), when
command line option -imacros is being used (we use it from specs to get
sys/version.h included automatically).

The result from that is GDB internal error. I don't currently have time to dig
into that too much, so only thing I have done is to patch one of sources in
GDB to workaround this problem (I have only seen while loading information
about preprocessor macros it when -gdwarf-23 or -g3 is used).

I'm now in Latvia for Christmass and New Year holydays and don't have this
patch anywhere near me now. I can only send it after I'll return in Finland in
January"

I wonder if anyone can reproduce the problem using my example modified to use
-imacros and, say, gcc 3.2.x on Linux.

Thanks, regards,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]