[RFC] Shared library cruft in configure.in

There is some code in configure.in to "support" --enable-shared.  Its
purpose seems to be to make it possible to build a GDB that's linked
against shared versions of libraries from elsewhere in the Cygnus tree
(e.g. bfd, opcodes).  However, we always use static libraries when
linking (../bfd/libbfd.a, ../opcodes/opcodes.a).  Therefore I think
the code is completely useless, and I propose to whack it.  If, in the
future, we want to support a GDB linked against a shared libbfd and
libopcodes, we shouldn't use this code anyway, but use libtool
instead.

Any objects?

Mark