Re: Parallel Port Software, GDB remote protocol

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 06:09:48PM +0100, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i'd like to announce pppcb-0.4.0, a piece of software
> that lets you (Linux only at the moment) do several
> things on the parallel port, like:
>
> It contains software / does things like:
>
> - accesses serial EEPROMs
> - debug an ARM microcontroller
> - a server that understands GDB remote protocol (first version)
> - do software JTAG via the parallel port
> - read out Playstation Joysticks
> - an AVR terminal (cyclically polling the SPI) (first version)
> - simple test software that ouputs/reads the parallel port
>

> Former versions didn't compile, this should be fixed now.
>

> The software is available at:
>
> http://www.s.netic.de/tmohr/pppcb-0.4.0.tar.bz2
>

> This version of the GDB remote protocol server is ridiculously slow,
> i'm still working on it.
>

> Also, i still didn't find any good documentation of the GDB remote
> protocol.  I can download a program and start it, but when i press
> the "Stop" button in arm-unknown-elf-insight, i only get an empty
> packet.
>
> Can anybody tell me where to find better documentation for GDB remote
> protocol?

The GDB manual.  It's online at http://sources.redhat.com/gdb, or in
the source package in Texinfo (can be built into DVI, PDF, Info, etc.)

> What is going wrong with the "Stop" mechanism, why do i receive an empty
> message?

My guess is that it isn't empty; instead it probably has \003, a
Control-C character, in it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz