Re: gdb_mbuild -do-not-clean-up option

Andrew Cagney writes:

In using gdb_mbuild.sh on a machine with lots of disk space (> 2gb free) I've found things work even better if none of the build directories are removed. Instead relying on gdb/Makefile's dependencies to do a correct re-build after a change.

My choice would be to make that the default.  Either let people run 'rm -r'
themselves if they want, or have a flag:

  -p  prune the build directories
  -s  strip the build directories

If you want to an option to keep the directories: '-n' is already
meaningful for make-type activities.
Yes, that's why I don't like :-)

  -a  keep _a_ll the build directories
Definitly better.

make | tee logfile

I have never found a way to get the exit status of the first command.

In my scripts, I just do:

  set -e # exit on error
  set -x # echo all commands
  make > logfile 2>&1