Re: how canonical are template names?

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 07:06:53PM -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> Since a C++ parser is a bitch of a thing to write, is there any chance
> that Mark Mitchell's new C++ parser can be re-used in gdb?
>
> The interesting part would be doing name resolution out of the
> symbol table information rather than internal compiler information.

This is something that I _definitely_ intend to pursue.  In order to do
it we'd have to find a way to add the flexibility GDB needs without
impacting the performance of the C++ parser....

Of course, for this to become a reality is sorta way down my list;
it'll require some fundamental architecturing we don't have.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz