Re: two gdb porting questions

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>

> * I want to use stabs to pass frame information from my compiler to
>  gdb. Which stab number(s) should I use for this? How do I get this
>  information in my xxx-tdep.c given the start address of the
>  function? (I use ELF in the case that matters)

Is it absolutely necessary that you use stabs?  There are clean ways to
express this information in DWARF-2, and if you're using ELF, there's
really no excuse.
My compiler (which is not gcc) happens to generate stabs. So I have to do it with stabs. Currently the compiler misuses a N_ROSYM to pass frame info to its debugger. However, gdb does not like this.

Are there other targets where a stab is used for frame information?

The instruction format of the debug target is so complex that decoding the prologue is not a real option.

Cheers,
Jan