Re: gdb_indent vs. dwarf2read

On Jan 26, 10:11pm, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> What do people think about adding "-T bfd -T asection" to gdb_indent.sh?

I think it makes sense.

> [I'd like to re-indent dwarf2read.c, so I was looking over the results of
> gdb_indent.sh on it before posting the patch.  Other churn: structs moved
> from two spaces indented to the left column, which matches the general style
> in GDB; and comments like:
>   1) foo
>      bar
> reindented to
>   1) foo
>   bar
> .  Should we slavishly obey GNU indent in this, or should I reformat the
> comments by hand before posting the reindentation patch?]

The problem with reformatting the comments (or anything else) by hand
is that someone else who runs GNU indent probably won't do the same
hand formatting.  If there's something you don't want indent to touch,
use /* *INDENT-OFF* */ (and later on, at the right point, /* *INDENT-ON* */.

Kevin