Re: [Various] obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:19:14 -0500
> From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
>
> I don't know about you, but if my project was in this situtation I'd be
> doing everything possible to move away from annotations and towards MI.

I agree with that, but if the front-end programmer cannot become a GDB
hacker, this approach might be impractical when he/she bumps into a
few problems in the current MI code.  That's what happened with the
gdb-gui.el programmer for Emacs.

So I think that if we want the front-ends to switch to MI ASAP,
someone on the GDB maintenance team should work with front-end
programmers on resolving the issues they raise.  We need to be
responsive to any bugs they report for them to get the feeling that
MI's support solves their problems.