Re: obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> writes:
Er, Nick didn't. I did :-) Jim, there is something weird about your mailer (unless it's mine...).

> Also gdb-ui.el probably doesn't need all the annotations. If you lost some key
> ones (frames-invalid and breakpoints-invalid, for example) would this make it
> easier to maintain?

Can you wind the code back to level-one annotations?  Remember, it is
level-two annotations that are causing all the grief?

Well, gdb-ui provides a breakpoint window, a displays window, a local
variables window,etc.  Level one just gives you enough to put an arrow
in the source code.
I don't know that these need level-two annotations. The bulk of the work is custom parsing of GDB's CLI output.

Andrew