solaris multi processor

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the 'call' command on solaris-2.8 (sparc). It
just doesn't seem to work att all. I get...

"Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
<function called from gdb>
The program being debugged was signaled while in a function called from
GDB.
GDB remains in the frame where the signal was received.
To change this behavior use "set unwindonsignal on"
Evaluation of the expression containing the function (callee) will be
abandoned."

I'm running this program:

-----

#include <stdio.h>

void main() {
  while(1){}
}

void callee() {printf("callee");}

-----

When I attach gdb to it, it looks like this:

-----

Retry #1:
Retry #2:
Retry #3:
Retry #4:
[New LWP 1]
0x00019db4 in main () at testgdb.c:4
4         while(1){}
(gdb)

-----

What's that all about?

I don't know if it's relevant, but it's running on a
multiprocessor.

Any help would be appreciated.

/Per