Re: [Various] obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@redhat.com> writes:
> I don't understand. The on line doc is up to date, it is not
> lying. Those commands have not been implememted. We have gone through
> 3 projects (one internal to Cygnus, eclipse, and the apple ui) and
> none of those missing commands was obviously a show stopper. Of course
> those are *new* GUIs and they can be less functional. Emacs cannot go
> backwards because some commands are missing. Does emacs need these
> commands? for instance, does emacs have a window that shows the
> threads of the inferior?

Well, we should be clear, here: the most recent Emacs release uses
only annotation level 1.  It's only a not-yet-released Emacs that has
a just-added mode that uses annotation level 2.  So if GDB were to
delete annotate level 2 today, Emacs would not lose any functionality.
(I am not suggesting that we delete annotation level 2 today, it's
just a rhetorical device.)