Re: Info about gnu dg/ux tools

Hi,

There is actually a complete port of GNU GDB 5.1 in DG/UX where of
course uses DWARF2 and GNU stabs. It is quite a lot of code to
support properly DG/UX on GDB 5.1 (including multithreaded
support). I never manage to sign these GNU docs (I think at some
point someone -Michael Snyder?-  send them to me by email but
I ve lost that email). And that is why the 5.1 port never make it
to the official GDB source code.

In the current tree of GDB there was *never* actual (=working)
support for DG/UX (the files there are worthless) so remove them
or not it wont make any difference to anyone.

There is also a file called DGUX-R420MU07-DEVTOOLS.tar.gz that has
all necessary tools for building C/C++ applications to DG/UX.
Aka GDB 5.1, GNU as,ld , GNU make, etc ...
It is available in XFree86.org. If someone untar this file and look
inside the bin directory he/she will understand how extensive it is.
The gcc that is there is version 2.95.3. However I had completed a
port of GCC-3.x but I never had the chance to submit it to the GCC
GNU project. (Again due to signing all these different DOCS).

You are correct to say native DG/UX ld has problems with DWARF2.
Also the GCC that comes with DG/UX is version 2.7.2 and just a
basic C compiler. So I dont think anybody is using it.

As now GCC 3.3 is going to be out I think if I would submit
a port this would be the version I would like to support (on DG/UX).
It is also very easy for me to make a port of GDB 5.3 to DG/UX
MU07 provided I can find some free time ...

Regards,