Re: Questions about GDB/MI

Nick Roberts <nick@nick.uklinux.net> writes:
> My simple program prints out:
>
> a[0]=0
>
> shouldn't that be:
>
> @"a[0]=0"

MI doesn't yet capture all the output of the inferior; I mentioned
this in my first message.  One approach is to use GDB's 'tty' command
to have the inferior run on a different tty than GDB itself.  gdb-ui
can create a separate process buffer for the inferior's I/O, call
process-tty-name to get the name of its pseudo-tty, and then pass that
to GDB's 'tty' command.

I've never done this myself, mind you.  The last time I used the 'tty'
command was probably ten years ago or so, to debug Emacs redisplay
bugs.