newbie gdb help...

hello,
i just started using gdb yesterday.  i've read a lot of the manual and to my
suprise, gdb is pretty easy to use.  i got pretty comfortable navagating thru
the stack, the source, setting break and watch points, etc...

anyways, i have 2 questions that i couldn't find in the documentation:

1)  command to show you what line is about to be executed.  sometimes after
many print commands, and many list commands, i lose track of where i am in
the program's execution.

2)  when i resume execution of my program with the continue command, is there
anyway to break it again from within gdb?  while the program is running
(after issuing the continue command), gdb seems to ignore any input i try to
tell it.

thanks for the help,
-- christopher