can't run arm-elf-gdb in Cygwin

Hi,

I try to run arm-elf-gdb on Cygwin/WindowsXP, so I can connect
evaluation board (ATMEL EB40) through a serial link.

However, I met an error while launching gdb:

GNU gdb 5.0
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf".Segmentation fault (core dumped)

(p.s. attachment is the dump file)

I tried several version of gdb include gdb-5.0, gdb-5.2.1, gdb-5.3.
But the result are all the same.

Other GNU tools version (those I rebuilded for ARM):
binutils-2.11.2
gcc-2.95.3
newlib-1.9.0

I also used insight try to debug "arm-elf-gdb",
the error seems generated from Line 934 of utils.c

Would you please help me with this problem, thank you.

David Jea