Shared Lib error.

I have just compiled gdbserver(using gdb5.3 source) for strong Arm.
Also arm-linux-gcc 2.95.3 was used to build the gdbserver, the following error mesg comes up when I try to run the gdb on target.

# ./gdbserver
./gdbserver: error in loading shared libraries: libthread_db.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# # ./gdbserver
./gdbserver: error in loading shared libraries: libthread_db.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#
~

I have also compiled using uclibc, any assistance in this will be more then appreciated.
thanks