gdb + dynamic libs problem

Hi All!
I try to debug the application where dynamic objects
are loaded through user's dlopen explicit call.
The only way to set breakpoint in .so is to open source after
.so got loaded (I have to detect this moment myself).
I perform source opening by issue the commands "shared library" and
"list <file>:1".
But if the source file is big gdb get crash.
It there any way to increase gdb resources to consume
larger files (symbol tables?)
Thanks in advance!
----
Lev Assinovsky