Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process

Has anyone taken the time to go through the list of outstanding patches
and categorize them by maintainership?

I'm wondering if this is just a problem with a couple of maintainers
being unresponsive.

For instance, as a not-so-wild guess, I'd say that the symtab part of
gdb frequently falls behind.  That may be because there are more
symtab-related patches being supplied or it could be that I'm just
imagining things.

If there are some maintainers who just aren't responsive enough, for
whatever reason, then the simple expedient of adding another maintainer
for that specific part of gdb might go a long way towards fixing the
backlog.

However, if the patches are all over the board then this technique
probably won't work.

cgf