Re: GDB honouring RPATH in binaries.

 Kevin> For remote targets, you must have solib-absolute-prefix set.
 Kevin> Searching host libraries (whether found via RPATH or some
 Kevin> other means) is almost invariably wrong.

I'd omit "almost".  In fact, it would be useful if gdb could complain
for a remote debug when solib-absolute-prefix isn't set.  That would
eliminate a lot of confusion when people forget to set it.  When
debugging MIPS code, gdb is perfectly happy to load shared file symbol
tables from /usr/lib, even though those are x86 binaries!  The result
is utter chaos, of course.  It would be helpful if gdb prevented that
sort of simple user error.  (I suppose another way to avoid that is to
have gdb check that the shared library it's examining is at least
meant for the same processor family, and I suppose the same
endianness...)

   paul