ssh CVS access from another machine

I'm trying to access the repository from home and not having any luck.  It's
probably just my ignorance on the mechanism so if there is a doc I should
read, let me know.

I had created an account (generating identity.pub, etc.) at work and now I
wanted to work from home.  I copied the contents of my $HOME/.ssh directory
to my home machine (this is probably wrong) and then tried connecting.  I
keep getting 'permission denied'.  I tried removing identity.pub and config
(to get an interactive session) but that claimed "permission denied:
public-key/keyboard-interactive"

Do I need to have multiple rsa keys on file or am I missing something else?

cheers,

Kris