copyrights for testsuite source files

What's our position with copyrights on testsuite source files?  I was
just looking at gdb.c++/templates.cc, and noticed it started with

/* This test code is from Wendell Baker (wbaker at comet dot berkeley dot edu) */

I have no idea if this person has a copyright assignment on file with
the FSF; on the other hand, skimming a few other testsuite source
files, it seems like not having proper copyright notices on the source
files (as opposed to the .exp files) is the norm rather than the
exception.

So what's our policy?  Do we just mostly ignore copyrights on
testsuite source files?  I can imagine where that might be useful,
given that we might want to draw test cases from bug reports...

David Carlton
carlton at math dot stanford dot edu