Re: GDB/MI revisited

> > I would prefer this approach too since the GUD buffer would then allow
> > completion. However, without level 2 annotations, the CLI is useless to the
> > lisp package that I have written, so I don't see how an incremental migration
> > is possible.
> > Why exactly is it useless? Using both [deprecated] level 2 annotations > and "interpreter mi ..." simultaneously.

Ah! I follow you now. Does this mean that you would like to incrementally
obsolete annotations? This relates to something that I said earlier:

There is always room for both compromize and reality :-)

If this is the case, I *think* I could modify gdb-ui.el not to use the
annotation breakpoints-invalid quite easily. I don't know what other users
of level 2 annotations, e.g the authors of cgdb, would think, though.

What about defining `level three' annotations as the event stuff from level two but with all the breakpoint et.al. markups removed?

Having the CLI generate event annotations is hardly different to having MI generate it's event messages.

Andrew