Re: gdbserver relocation?

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com> writes:
> > What do you think of the following patch (I added the `handle_query'
> > target callback, and then provided a linux-low.c implementation)?
>
> It looks reasonable to me.  Do you have GDB copyright papers on file?

I don't think so; ac131313 sent me a form to do this, which I CC'd to
the FSF a week ago or so, but I haven't received any reply yet (I will
certainly sign an assignment, but it may take a while to get a copyright
disclaimer from my work).

> Hmm, this only works if the executable is linked at 0 with data right
> after text.  Is that the case for all/most uClinux targets?

Yes, so far as I know.

Also, so far there's no standardization of the ptrace PT_TEXT_ADDR &c
macros; I justed added them to the v850 implementation.  The m68knommu
target uses hardwired numeric constants for the same functionality, but
hopefully the maintainers will add defines so this implementation will
work on it (gerg?  davidm?).

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)