Re: More on the Solaris 64 bit troubles

It happens when I try to use the 64-bit compiled gdb executable to debug
a 32-bit executable. I don't see why this should not work...

It dies, because when the second gdbarch structure is initialized
(don't why it does it twice) the set_gdbarch_num_regs is not called and
num_regs fields stays at the unitialized -1 :-(

At present, on Solaris, the only way to debug a 32 bit executable is to build a 32 bit GDB. GDB needs something (thread library?) and that only works when built/linked 32 bit on a 32 bit executable.

Andrew