Re: gdb Digest 26 Mar 2003 19:03:48 -0000 Issue 1129

OK, two levels. We still need to think about the interface for the top level though. You want to be able to specify the set in some way...

yes.

This sort of design is not my strong point.

>Does anyone know how other debuggers handle this?  I'm sure we're not
>the first but it's been ages since I used a non-GDB debugger for
>anything.

The model I'm describing lifted from a book, the author of which was involved in borland's debugger.

Yes, I've heard of the book.  Does it cover things like inlined
functions?

It does, but it `paints with a broad brush'. Don't expect a technical cook book. Rather something that sets a good direction and identifies the basic issues.

I think you already know: breakpoint on an in-line function means finding all instances and then adding a physical breakpoint for each.

Andrew