RE: How to build application to run under the ppc simulator?

Peter,

> I've built a --target=ppc-eabi toolchain, and I've built a tiny little
> test program:
>
> int a,b;
> int foo(void)
> {
>  a = 0x1234
>  b = 0x5678;
> }

Btw, the simulator always tries to execute main, not a 'foo' program.
You can also adjust the linker script to start at 'foo' instead of main with
the ENTRY directive.

But I'm a bit puzzled: why didn't the compiler complain about not finding a
main-routine?

Can you tell us what versions of gcc, gdb & binutils you used for making
your cross toolchain?

Grz,
Jan